Gravett & Gravett
Westchester Estate Planning Attorneys
An essential component of estate planning for young and growing families is ensuring that your kids will be taken care of no matter what happens. You want to have peace of mind that your kids will be raised with your parenting style, and that they will not spend even one moment in the care of strangers.
At Gravett & Gravett, protecting young children is one of the areas of our practice that we are most passionate about. We have made it our mission to inform parents of the simple steps they can take to make sure their kids are never taken from their home in the event of tragedy, never raised by anyone they would not want, and never be in need of any of the resources they would require to grow up, go to college, start their own family, and become successful.
Are Your Kids Protected?
If you do not have a proper plan in place, you should consider these questions:
1. If your children were left with a babysitter, and you were in an accident – what will the police do with your young children when they show up at your home? If your babysitter is a minor, or if your children were left with someone who does not have written legal authority to stay with them, the police may have no choice but to call Child Protective Services (CPS) to take your kids into temporary custody until they can determine where the children should go.
2. Do you want a judge – who does not know you or your family – to decide who will raise your kids, simply because you never got around to putting a plan in place? What if the judge selects the last person you would ever have chosen?
3. Do you want your kids to receive a check for whatever assets you have left them as soon as they turn 18? Do you think they will be ready to receive such a lump sum at that tender age? Have you ever considered that there are unscrupulous people who make it their business to review public records to find out which young people will be coming into money?
4. Don’t you think it makes sense to provide asset protection for the assets you leave your children so as to protect their inheritance from predators, creditors, lawsuits, or divorce?
The good news is that all these nightmare scenarios are easily avoidable. To make sure that your kids are taken care of by the people you choose in the way you choose, and that your assets are privately available to the guardians of your choice for the benefit of your children, you MUST set up a Family Wealth Planning Session.
When we meet for your Family Wealth Planning Session, you will:
• Choose the right guardians for your kids.
• Learn how to prepare your kids for life without you.
• Discover how to legally avoid estate taxes.
• Learn the secret to protecting your kids’ inheritance from predators, creditors, lawsuits, and divorce.
• Discover how to leave your loved ones a legacy far greater than your money.
To get started with protecting your kids, no matter what, make sure you contact us.